24 July 2009

Savour the flavour

As much as I would love to see my superiors biting the dust a few days before I hit the axe, I am now befuddled as to where my resignation might bring me to. Sure the operations review held some amazing results and it was all capitalized "SUCK IT UP LOSERS" but with the HR Director gone I don't know to whom I can run to do my clearance. Perhaps to that hot flashing Finance Manager or the left behind, downright stupid whore of an assistant who loves to suck it up to the bosses? I don't really know. My back pay is still light years away from my grubby hands I'm sure. It would've been better if I were part of that retrenchment batch with the package. Nonetheless it was a brilliant move that the Powers That Be had never imagined. It has shaken up the tree of dependency in the company but I'm sure with all the cost cutting done barely within 2 months, luck will bring forth a bunch of fresh faces and disease-free employees.

I skipped office today since I am downright tired and sick of loafing in the office again. The workload has died down and I've been merely reading tons of gossip and fanfiction online. The tension in the department is palpable enough to make our paranoid boss well, more paranoid. It's pathetic. Monday will be the start of my last week with them. I have never felt more excited than this, personal financial crisis be damned. An officemate mentioned to me earlier that the top boss will meet with our department before 6pm. Alas, the one thing I have been looking forward to is going to happen without me in it. The sad thing is our own boss will be with us all the way. Obviously, would it be possible for the staff to be able to speak freely without their boss breathing down their necks? I thought so.

No comments: