19 July 2009

To live and die for music

C'est saison de meme! I'm just plain bored. I slept like a sealed pharaoh for 3 hours and I was rather hoping that it would've continued until morning however obviously, was not the case.

Nicked this from Lante then posted this on my old blog back in 2007 then I'm trying for better luck this time.

On vas!

Here’s how it works:
1. Open your library like iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod and so forth.
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button.
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool. (Yes, however I can press the next button again if it stops by my French lessons obviously. I don't think anyone can benefit from me yakking about the difference between peux and veux, yes?)

Can I like put this meme on all of my Muse songs only? No? Fine but if I get songs from my sister's side of my music chest I'm going to strangle her. Feel free to get this, after all it's for everyone's enjoyment.

On vas!


1. Opening Credits: Save it for Later - Splender - The Best of Splender
Haven't heard of this song from the band yet although I love their melody.

2. Waking Up: Risingson - Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Love MA as much as I love Faithless. They produce a cooler aura-like environment whenever I listen to them. First time to hear this too, I prefer 100th Window.

3. First Day at School: Mutante Médiatiques - Prototypes - Génération Française 6
One of the cool songs of GF6. I actually like this and it's just now that I now the title since whenever I listen to this album it's always on the road with me trying to sleep.

4. Falling in Love: Waltz no. 9 in A Flat Major op.69/1, "L'adieu" - Mozart - Kleine Stüke Großer Meister
One of my favourite pieces on this album because I can hum with it. However with it being part of L'adieu I don't think it's apt to be in this "falling in love" category.

5. Fight Song: Thoughts of a Dying Atheist - Muse - Absolution
Not really one of my favorite songs of this album although it's catchy and I like the lyrics. I would've preferred Plug In Baby for a fight song.

6. Breaking Up: Home (live) - Elliott Yamin - American Idol Season 5
I like Elliott way back from the AI season; I can't say anything about this category though since I haven't endured such travesty as of date.

7. Prom: D'you Know What I Mean - Oasis - Be Here Now
Not really that fond of Oasis although with my trend based on how I like music artists, they should be one of my faves by merely checking Liam and Noel Gallagher's ego heights. Prom, in addition, was not that special although my friends and I back in high school thoroughly enjoyed panning our classmates and fomenting gossip.

8. Life’s Ok: Amazing - Kanye West feat. Young Jeezy - 808s & Heartbreak
Finally, a perfect match. Love this song and I'm in love with the then-rapper now-singer Kanye. Admittedly, I haven't listened past this track on his latest album. I've always been selective of his songs and I simply consider College Dropout one of the best albums in the universe. I'm exhausted, barely breathing/Holding on to what I believe in~

9. Mental Breakdown: I Don't Want To Be - Gavin de Graw - Chariot Stripped
Anna initially introduced me to Gavin de Graw back in college and I liked him for the reason that he's not like any other pimp like John Mayer (who loves cheesy double entendres--you're body is a wonderland? goodness) and he's not that famous in the country. Anna got a copy of this album with the toned down songs in the Stripped version. I absolutely adore his A Change Is Gonna Come version.

10. Driving: Crestfallen - Smashing Pumpkins - Ava Adore
I still owe Billy Corgan & Co. some hours of dedication to their music. Just by listening to their eponymous first single of the album, I think it already justified why it's one of the best albums the Pumpkins produced. Dark, electronica with Corgan's signature wailing.

11. Flashback: Alejate - Josh Groban - Josh Groban
Is this Italian? I couldn't even be buggered to check what language Groban is crooning. It's a perfect song to go maudlin, I'd say. Soothing with the barrier of not knowing the lyrics for one to interpret it the way it merely sounds.

12. Getting Back Together: Your Soul Today - Chris Cornell - Carry On
I can forgive any wrongdoing Cornell had even with his cheesy line from Heaven's Dead. I still think he's better off with Audioslave than as a single artist though.

13. Wedding: Mondo Bongo - Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros - Mr. & Mrs. Smith Original Soundtrack
Appropriate if you want that spicy, somewhat sadomasochistic type of relationship. I like the film because the tension and the spark are there and it's a no brainer movie and I get to see Brad's bum. What more can you ask for?

14. Birth of a Child: Alive - Pearl Jam - MTV Unplugged
I think it's perfect in a haunting and sublimated form considering it's Vedder's lifestory.

15. Death Scene: Save Tonight - Eagle-Eye Cherry - Desireless
If you're of the same age range as I am and you grew up as an MTV baby then you would've recognized this song in an instant. I adored this way back and I've always considered Eagle-Eye as a cool artist.

16. Funeral Song: Lightning Crashes - Live - The Very Best of MTV Unplugged
I'm not that fond of this song despite many Live fans disagreeing to it, however I appreciate the sentiment Ed Kowalczyk's masterpiece.

17. End Credits: Time is Running Out - Muse - Absolution
Because I am in love with Matt Bellamy at the moment, they deserve two slots in this meme. Have you seen the video for this song? He cleans up nicely and he's fucking sexy as hell atop the table. Dom looks dapper with his old hairdo. First time I loved this song was the live version in their HAARP concert, when I listened to the studio version I was totally blown away by Matt's suave voice.


Oh I'm not familiar with half of the songs picked here. I got more than 3,000 songs but I only listen to a third of it or something.

No comments: