08 June 2009

There was this time

Yesterday afternoon found me with a text message from my telecommunications service provider announcing a free ringtone of Careless Whisper for today. I totally had to snort to that. Even the big companies are playing by the hooks to promote George Michael’s hit although if you’re a Filipino I doubt if he’s the first person that would pop on your mind. This Careless Whisper mania is indubitably led by the scandal rising from two celebrities sultry dancing to the tune. Oh and they got a sex video to partner it with. I seriously don’t want to indulge about this issue like most blogs do. So I won’t. I was just downright amused when I saw the ad.

I’m trying and continuously failing to watch a past Doha Debates episode on their website. I don’t know if it’s the website or my net connection which is pretty fast right now. So damn. I’m left with nothing to do which means I’m off to sleep in a few unless something catches my attention.

I’m looking for Middle East blogs. As I’ve mentioned before (in another blog), I am really interested in the politics and issues of the Middle East. It’s with an obvious connection that it’s a primary product of loving the Doha Debates and Tim Sebastian’s extraordinary debating skills. They are the melting pot of the world in terms of religion, culture and an ill fated war amongst countrymen. So what better way to start growing a fondness for politics than start with the Middle East.

Anyway, if you know good blogs, kindly drop me a message so I can check them. I’ve already passed by the Middle East Post, Time’s Middle East Blog, Juan Cole’s blog and others.

No comments: