13 June 2009

Fried

Taking the time to see at least a film or two in behalf of being a student of AFM, I managed to haul in 3 films out of 15 from the 14th French Film Festival. I believe it is not my French year with what I’ve seen that left me still craving for something better; although obviously you cannot expect a Transformers style out of the French people.
Zim et co. – a French teeny bopper movie. Admittedly, there were some amusing moments of Zim’s quest to find a decent boulot and prove to the judge that he’s no criminal. On the other hand, I realized how complicated human beings are merely by having compassion.
Marie-Jo et ses deux amours – as what a friend said, it’s very French. Dragging, pointless to a fault and not so subtle as what it tried very hard to portray.
Un secret – the gorgeous Cecile de France almost saved the film. I nearly slept halfway through it although the plotline could seriously be a big hit amongst Filipinos who love family secrets.

No comments: