27 June 2009

Musings

Obviously, I switched back to blogger. Again. I'm fucking fickle and it's starting to irritate me already. It's not like I have much to discuss though; I can't even post a decent thing. I will not get my bearing back, that I know of. I pretty much have accepted that fact when everything that resembled intellectual proclivity died due to my goddamn job. Anyway, I'm out of the office by the end of July without a back up job and money. It's times like this when I realize that I prioritize self actualization than money. That means if Médecins Sans Frontières offers me a job at Africa this moment, I will hop on the earliest flight to the continent. It would be a lovely job, I know. Right then. No more of daydreaming. I would rest for some weeks, prepare for the civil service exam (which I seriously hope I can pass even by mere fluke) and woo NCMH.

Oh yeah, football. I'm not surprised Cristiano Ronaldo has signed for Real Madrid already. Hey now, you may say Real pursued him first but the real deal is Cris expressed his sentiment for the elite club way, way back. Anna mentioned that to me before which was accompanied by our reactions (read: sneering and jeering) because goodness, who wants a diva in La Liga? He has the talent, sure but his attitude has much left to be desired. Kaka is okay. Albiol is okay. The one player I have been anticipating of a good transfer is David Villa--and that desire was formed way before I knew we shared the same birthday. News are sprouting everywhere in Europe. Recently, it has been Xabi Alonso's most likely departure from Liverpool due to a longstanding row with gaffer Rafael Benitez. Real had expressed their interest in the Spaniard but haven't pursued a long path to take him seriously. After all, Perez has already signed 3 new players which most likely will bring chaos to the current first team arrangement. Raul should probably retire although it's a tad inappropriate to mention this during the captain's birthday. Anyway, hala Madrid!

Turning towards music, I have fallen in love with Muse or rather, Matt Bellamy. He is seriously fucking awesome. Chris and Dom are awesome too but bejeezus, I now believe that the sun is rising from Matt's lips. Their songs from Black Holes and Revelations and Origin of Symmetry show the depth of their poetic inclination and subtlety in creating art. I'm laying down my fealty for them. I have the gall to say that they are even better than Radiohead; provided that I have not indulge myself in listening to Thom Yorke's songs I still stand by what I am feeling. Just listening to my audio copy of their HAARP concert is making me teary eye. Vraiment. Dad even liked Starlight and Invincble when I showed the videos to him. He actually volunatarily surrendered his laptop to me a few moments back to continue downloading the DVD rip off. Surprise, surprise.

With this I am now officially letting go of my addiction to James Hetfield and Metallica. My brain is probably just waiting for another band to take over the Metallica domination that has been running (up and down) for 2 years. I can say that they've done very well. Now it's time to explore and mull over Muse.

No comments: