09 January 2011

Reacquaintance met

I finally got my long desired table in my room so a big thump at the back for me. I was just too lazy to spare time to buy one. Finally I can live in my room. No one's going to bother me here except the occasional folks checking if I'm starting to fossilize. I want my own office chair still because I'm a sucker like that but damn if they aren't more expensive than PC tables. Ugh.

My dentist appointment was a whack; I had to wait for nearly two hours to get accommodated. At least I had the chance to have merienda before I was stuck in my seat. The upside to my long wait was my renewed chance of reading Measure for Measure. I seriously have to give it to Shakespeare because I've yet to encounter a work of his I detest. His humor and twisted plot ideas are simply ingenious. Antonio being the regent with a stick up his arse as a ruler versus Isabella, the virtuous and snake-tongued bitch that she is. Their ideas with a head on collision and the unexpected knee wobbling from Antonio; that's a surprise that barely kept me from squeeing at the clinic. I'd let Claudio get his head lopped off but of course that would end the play right there. To think my Shakespeare appreciation was a total fluke. My first try was Macbeth which I have to reread sometime before I start with Hamlet; I had it around 2007 then I finished it after like a year LOL because of work and of course I had to get familiar on reading plays and Early Modern English. But once I got the hang of it, it was more like a cake walk to laugh and be moved by his works.

Real Madrid's loss against Levante will be spared of my analysis because I'm too lazy to catch up to old matches unless it is something spectacular of the good kind. We got in the quarterfinals, if I recall right, and I'd rather focus on CL. For tonight it's going to be a match against Villareal and from the way my eyes are giving me less pain, I'll have higher chances of watching it. The Australian Open will start on the 17th! Man, I really want to get reacquainted with tennis and golf this year. The least I can do to de-stress because at least tennis and golf tournaments are GMT friendlier for me. We'll still see though. I've checked Aussie Open's website, there are quite a handful of new female tennis players though it's a good thing I still know most male players. No idea who are the top seeds but I'll just wait until the start of the grand slam. Is Hewitt still playing though? The French Open has a special place in my heart though among the four grand slams. I'll write about that probably when May comes and I'm back with tennis.

Work related, consultant already emailed a sample paragraph. I haven't seen it though, I need to keep my sanity intact for the weekend before it all goes down the hell drainage. I hate quotas.

No comments: