08 January 2011

Falling like the rain so

Post new year meet up with B was a productive one in terms of keeping tabs on Korean dramas and gay couple awards haha. While I recommended her The Housemaid (which you should watch too), she gave the two thumbs up for Fugitive B and Athena--both action/adventure Kdramas. That Baker Kim which GMA just bought could nearly pass as a Filipino telenovela for its hardcore angst. I'm not into that since all the baker had wanted to specialize in was pandesal, family drama not withstanding.

I didn't go to work today but I went back to the office by late afternoon for C's treat at Conti's. We were supposed to go to Katipunan but had decided to go for Trinoma instead for the extra window shopping. I have to note though that compared to the humongous space Conti's has at Greenbelt, their Trinoma branch has the opposite. Their pesto sucked bigtime, but the allegria was decent if not quite scalding hot upon my first taste. Of course, the perennial mango bravo was the ordered dessert. I had to walk back to SM North for the transport terminal but first I have to rant on the injustice of that goddamn Skywalk. I had to walk from Trinoma to Cyberzone and obviously I had to traverse the entire length of SM North which was 43081 miles long. I kept expecting for the Cyberzone building with the signature huge LCD to pop by the next several metres or so but had quitted the overall expectation when I realized I was barely halfway through the main building. I had the constant question if it's even worth buying a new phone right now. Honestly, I just had the idea because everyone around me got new ones. I don't have an issue with my meagre budget but I have an issue with the current phone models available. I believe at this point, the technological advancement of mobile phones is on the verge of a thorough overhaul with the apparent popularity of touch screen and Android OS. Probably in the next few years, the iPhone would be useless unless Apple and other phone makers would welcome the idea of doing it laptop/PC style. Buy a mobile phone and pick your choice of OS. Therefore, there is a chance that keypad based mobile phones would go adieu in the coming years. That kind of phone, I want. For sure even the cheapest would already be a touch screen. In the mean time, while I'm temporarily stuck in limbo for the idea of getting one, I'll stick by my ancient P990i.

No comments: