06 January 2011

Green-blue-yellow-orange

Six hours of sleep was never a standard for me, good thing the impromptu meeting with the project's consultant was bordering on informal and I didn't have to exert too much effort in taking down notes. I did, however, exert more than necessary effort in searching for a bloody extension for the laptop. The supply, bless them for their rare incompetence, lost track of the three they have. Pure fluke for our division to have several although I had to unplug a PC for half a day as a sacrifice. Also, I didn't know I was also supposed to develop items. It's not exactly in my contract, and since I'm forced I might as well ensure my name is among the developers. Granted, it's only for the verbal reasoning but the consultant was asking for a more complicated format of items; I'm not also spared from the quota. I hate it and I'm half excited, damn the chance of my items getting in the final draft. I just wish the school would offer a test development elective. That's what's really I'm into aside from the usual responsibilities in psych testing.

Foundations was a blast, let me tell you. The prof's a funny oddball who really can make connections with our class. There are several first term students, understandable, and I'm sure they're cool with the setting too. My excitement for Foundations, however, is inversely proportional with the mere thought of GroThe. I am exaggerating, yes, that's my forte but the some of the company won't be good. The great thing about this term though is that despite not having the same class with S and S, we could still meet up after class due to our same schedules. D texted me earlier about the book we were encouraged to buy for Foundations. It was unfortunately unavailable at the bookstore and at NBS, apparently, it will cost nearly five grand for the special order. Holy buggering fuck. And I'd thought the worst price I could hear was three grand at most. No way am I going to buy that. It's more expensive than the bloody DSM! I am however, going to borrow a book from a classmate who is suicidal enough to get one and photocopy it.

I might go to office tomorrow to meet B for awhile. We need a post-new year chat kind of bad. CD might treat R and I if she won't get sick tonight. Just the thought of the mango bravo is sufficient to fuel my quite unnecessary trip back there. Miraculously, the tally of my presence at the office this week is three. That should be the limit; unless free food calls.

No comments: