02 July 2010

Hup-ping

I'm going spare over the project. "Why did I even renew my contract?" was my running internal commentary for the whole day the project team met for the usual weekly call. Seriously though, the idea of finishing the project and notching it on my CV is very tempting, but somehow, I find it maddening that the road to the project's completion is long, hard and absolutely painful to anyone's arse but my own.

As for my ankle that's been bothering me, it considerably swelled yesterday after being stuck in an air-conditioned room for several hours. The act of walking lessens the discomfort more than sitting and trying to find the perfect angle and posture to ease the dull pain in my ankle. Yel accompanied me to the station hospital with a doctor who should be ashamed for having an medical degree. Granted, my bad ankle is pretty minor but it doesn't mean he's past checking my afflicted body part and merely produce a prescription. I had gotten home when I  realized my ankle was pretty much swollen; I had to apply hot compress twice with the prescripted med to ease my mind. Fortunately, the pain dulled by morning though there's still some swelling that needs to me monitored.

My SIM card of nearly seven years finally gave up this afternoon. I've been forestalling my SIM card's replacement for about a year so I guess it's nothing worth crying over. Just too bad I still had enough unused load credits in my old SIM card. I'm still stuck with Smart; most of my acquaintances are under the same network. I'm no fanatic of either networks for the sake of an opinion. I had initially planned to try out Globe then realized that despite not using the call/text promos, I'm still familiar with Smart's services so there goes the ultimatum. Good thing all my text messages and contacts are stored in the phone memory so date loss is no problem.

A side note on tennis: I think I'm the last tennis fan to know of Federer's defeat against Berdych in Wimbledon. I don't have the particulars over match statistics except for a vague recollection of the 4-set scores for the match. Honestly, I'm not fond of Federer nor Nadal so either of them going down the top seed list will bear nothing but a minute or two of rumination over the players and their era of domination. I do hope new players will provide more talent and challenge for the veteran players lest most tennis fans will tire of it. The top players are as resistant in change as those in professional golf. And sometimes, that's one of the downsides in individual sports. Good job for the reed thin, bamboo tall Berdych, by the way. I became familiar with him when he had won the ATP Masters Series in 2005 against Ljubicic in a pretty good match.

Lastly, World Cup quarter-finals resume today with Netherlands and Brazil starting off by 10pm. I'm all for Netherlands' win here. They deserve it with their satisfying play and strategies and besides, I can alreadt feel Sneijder's desire to assist or net a goal in the match a thousand miles away from South Africa. Robben and Van der Vaart are also two of the reasons why I'm vying for their win. Needless to say, Kaka is also a current player of Brazil but I haven't been a big fan of the team. Argentina and Germany's face off will be legendary if not for the subtle mudslinging from Maradona and some German players.

No comments: