30 June 2010

Quarter-finals, baby!

I did actually wake up past 6 this morning with a gasp thinking, "Spain won with a 3-0, right?" Then realized seconds later that I got that idea from my dream. And that's just how persevering my mind was even in sleep and still thinking of Spain winning against Portugal. Not that my dream/assumption is far of the mark; Spain won with a 1-0 scoreboard all thanks to David Villa, who just keeps scoring and scoring every damn match. To the quarter-finals, baby! I've read wisps of comments on how commentators will not shut up on Fernando Torres' lack of ingenuity in the pitch at the moment. Yes, it's debatable how much time will you give a player to adjust to his recent injury and play time before the pundits are starting to get impatient, but come on, cut the bloke some slack. Spain NT do not consist of Fernando Torres alone, fuckheads. In one of Torres' interviews, he actually has a point in saying it's more of Villa's task to get a goal in. With two strikers up front, one has always got to share the space and the ball to create chances inside the box for your partner striker. Torres is not stupid enough to know that he's just come back from an injury and not accept a less major task. I'm still downloading the Spain - Portugal match, which I'm absolutely anticipating. A big blunder on my behalf this morning to set my alarm, wake up, decide that Spain will win then go back to sleep. Seriously, the demon inside me simply pressed how exhausted I was and in a rather obnoxious way tell me that Spain's going to win over Portugal so why bother? That possibly led to my 3-0 victory dream. It's sad to see Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe, players of Real Madrid and Portugal leave the competition already. Pepe just got his form and hair back and I haven't really seen him play at all in this tournament. I'm hoping to see him play more in the coming 2010/2011 La Liga season though.

The bloody despedida was the reason why I suffered from debilitating exhaustion that not even Sergio Ramos' toned body could rouse me from my bed. I had the opportunity to work at home yesterday to the agreement of my boss who absolutely forgot that there's a party after work for them. It's going to be Sir A and Sir G's despedida with the former off to vacation for a month, and the latter for a year of schooling abroad. I wasn't that convinced to go until I had decided to hell with it since there's going to be tons of food to feast on. The bosses decided to go for Katips which has a horrible service and unsatisfactory food. Good thing I bloated myself with enough nachos that I had little less proper dinner when the main platters came. Went home by past 9 along with the other officemates with half a bottle of vodka ice down my bladder.

Anyway, my right ankle has been bothering me for days. I'm not sure why there's a dull pain when I angle my foot upwards. I'm just hoping this wouldn't get worse since I don't feel any discomfort when I walk. Perhaps I have to stick with my sneakers for absolute comfort rather than my flats.

And what the fuck is the breaking news of David Silva off to Man City? Of all the fucking clubs to go to?! Gods, it's times like this that I'm absofuckinglutely furious of Real Madrid's continuous shunning of Silva who has been vocal in his dream to play for the club. Jose Mourinho not wanting him is a considerable factor then again, I've never been a drooling fan of Mourinho's coaching proficiency. The club's going to regret not considering a proper move for Silva.

No comments: