18 June 2010

Spanish Inquisition

Switzerland's goal against Spain held more of a rising anger rather than disbelief at the poor excuse for scoring. Indeed, it was purely out of luck that Fernandes was in the right moment at the right time, sweeping past Casillas' last minute defense and Puyol's tackle. In the first place, I've never been an entirely optimistic person however, the amassed positive energy and prayers for La Roja was overwhelming in the least of what I can describe. But with me bursting into tears seeing the scoreboard and realizing minute after minute that it's going to be futile even with Fernando Torres' arresting presence with David Villa, and Jesus Navas' exceptionally fresh techniques, then I knew at the back of my head that it would all go downhill. I was not beyond begging and praying though, to the heavens for a last minute miracle, with my heart jumping every time the Swiss got a chance to repeat a goal and their clumsy yet effective attempt at a solid defense against tons of Spain's goals on target. The two Mudshakes I had bought failed to simmer the misery over the defeat; enough that it still made my eyes water the morning after. Spain's playing against Honduras and the surprisingly solid Chile this upcoming week and I'm hoping that they can get their deserved points to get through to the knock-out stage.

On another World Cup related thing, there's this absolute blooming contempt against WC bimbos who suddenly sprout otherworldly extolment for the leading teams on the tournament. It's basically jumping the bandwagon of a popular sport to gain pretentious ideas; I fail to see the amusement and appreciation in this mockery. Still, there are tons of dedicated football fans who could not--for the love of their mothers-- stop hinting about the chasm amongst the Spain NT which is mostly dominated by Real Madrid and Barcelona players. If they weren't able to gel their goals and dismiss the pride of being archrivals then they would not have been able to become European champions in 2008. Seriously, they're grown men, long familiar with each other and it's only the fanatic fans of the respective clubs that chuck blue murder at every point and turn. It would only be in vain to dig the graves of the Spanish players who apparently lost the ball that produced the unfortunate goal and point the blame towards the clubs they play at. What with the absurdity of those accusations?

Anyway, work still has the same tedious quality. The project team already managed to finish their revisions for a subtest with another subtest to be edited next week. It seems like the boss still plans to extend my contract until the project's due date but I'm more worried on the efficiency and legality of re-aligning the budget for other allocated expenses also known as my salary. Of course money comes first. It's not like I'm all begging for the job although to say that I would be able to finish the project would be a good brownie point on my CV.

No comments: