11 June 2010

Crossing

I kept waking up to the din of our dogs barking madly, which always made me sit up abruptly. The second or third time it had happened this morning a sudden rush of throbbing pain shoot to my forehead. Thus managing a pretty bad headache since morning--and I pretty much survived going to the mall to pay the some bills and fall in line for half an hour to get cash. The World Cup officially started three hours ago with an impressive opening ceremony of colours and performances; R. Kelly was the biggest disappointment though--other than some of his R&B songs, I'm really not into him. Sir A suddenly called me up, sent me into a mild panic thinking he's hounding some work-related issue at this hour only to realize he's asking about the opening ceremony. I'm taking a piss at myself. I haven't had a decent stream since the official kick off between South Africa and Mexico. I guess FIFA's monitoring all these streams or something; JustinTV's streams all went dead.

On a domestic note, I'm all alone in the house till Monday probably. Dad and my sister went to the province for my grandmother's burial. As usual, the idea of me not joining the family sent dad into a sermon last night which I successfully ignored in favour of sleeping in. I'm open to the option of following tomorrow morning but the thought of traveling with a damn headache and having a period is not at all appealing so it's still under consideration.

No comments: