05 June 2010

Stacking up

My grandmother just died this afternoon and it was with a pang of regret that I could exude enough remorse to ponder over it. I don't know if I should be disgusted with myself over the idea of not giving much damn about it; it's not like death's unusual occurrence in life after all. The guilt of not even calling mom asking about my grandmother's situation, nor the dislike of going over to Pangasinan just to attend a wake or a funeral settles within my consciousness like mud. I hate attending wakes and funerals in the first place. I hate the crying, I hate the bereavement and the idea of reminiscing over long-lost family relatives I have no interest in. I try to justify the idea of mourning over my grandmother's death but I don't want to appear all the more hypocritical just because norms dictates it. Her death is officially the first my family has suffered which can be considered as a really close relative. Something which I really should give a damn about but I can't find where to draw from.

To a livelier news, I happen not to chance seeing my superior before he left for official business after being stuck at home for three working days. The growing alarm over officemates who are starting to notice the unusual affection between the two parties are worrying. Apparently, one of my superiors thought that I should have the gumption to breach the rather complicated topic since I'm good friends with one of the said parties. The problem is I don't like to meddle more than I can in other people's business. It's not like it's my reputation is at stake in the long run.

World Cup related hoopla: Anna who is my ever constant buddy for football related things has yet to inform me of our possible plan for the upcoming event. It's not like we haven't had four years in planning to polish it. I do hope we could meet up for the finals though, if not for the opening ceremony. The quarterly socials of the office will also be held on the same date, and it's not like that party can hold a candle against watching the World Cup. I've been to a total of three socials and there's not much surprise over the rather humorous performances and the food. In other words: a sad excuse for gossiping and sucking up to the bosses.

2 comments:

kurandera said...

Sorry to hear about your lola. Btw, I'm fine.I'll go for a check-up.haha.(^__^)

PS: Aba,intriga yang sa office mates mo ha. Sigh, it must have sucked the night you were in the same bedroom as them.*Patulugin nyo kaibigan ko!hrrrr!*

Anonymous said...

Keep your health up, ok! We really, seriously have to meet up sometime na.

And yes, bonggang intriga talaga. There's the running lyrics 'Freak out!' every time I think of that moment. Haha!