03 July 2010

One step up

Turns out my dentist failed to meet up with my early Saturday appointment. I didn't have the energy to get mad since my sleep deprivation buggered me more than a failed check-up. My right foot's making a mountain out of a molehill here; or rather, it's me. Call it being paranoid, but I hate it when my mind automatically tries to deduct whatever scientific processes that might've led to my condition. I forgot to mention that my lower left back has been bothering me in the sense that it's more about my internal organs rather than muscle pain. Lower back means kidneys, which prompted me to ask Beth--who's family has a nice camaraderie with diabetes, UTI and kidney problems--whether I should be a tad more worried about what I'm feeling. She's two thumbs up about an immediate check-up since prevention is better than cure and all that jazz. The thing is, I'd hate to pay for something other than a pulmonologist consultation because hey, my number one fan is asthma. I'm not supposed to have something against my kidney functions. Sure I drink carbonated drinks as much the next fellow who lives in a tropical country, but I don't overdo it. Then there's the slight problem with my tendency to hinder myself from taking a pee whenever the urge hits me. A few months back, even at the slightest hint of my bladder bleating, I'd be off to the loo in a flash. My indolence and World Cup would be the obvious culprits in this. Anyway, I'll try to get a gratis check-up next week at the official hospital and perhaps a blood chem, too. I'll only pay for a neprhologist when I'm in enough pain to consider carving out my kidney with an earbud. I'm starting with the water diet though. No more iced teas and colas; might as well pay attention to my bladder's immediate needs again.

I'm still not over my appalling low grade result on my civil service exam from last year. Beth had mentioned that there was a pretty low passing rate for last year, something I should be grateful about. I am grateful that I passed the exam in one take however, I am not grateful for earning an upsetting grade that not even a grade 1 student can be proud of.

World Cup update: I was such a hypocrite to sleep off the second half of Netherlands - Brazil match provided that I was all for Netherlands to qualify for semi-finals. A few minutes after I cut off my stream, Sneijder netted another goal. Damn. I love Ricky but I would love to see more of Robben, Sneijder and of course van der Vaart to play better. I absolutely detest Robinho's attitude and his memorable breakdown during his stint at Real Madrid; seeing him with shit sprouting out of his mouth at every foul makes me want to strangle him. More drama was involved in the Uruguay - Ghana match though I have yet to see the highlights of the match with Luis Suarez transforming to a keeper in desperation. As for the second part of the quarter-finas, it's going to be a hell with Argentina and Germany facing off, Maradona and Jogi racing at the front. That's going to be way more interesting with both teams with awesome performances in their latest matches. As much as I want Pipita to advance further in his first World Cup and being a contender for the Golden Foot award, I'm torn for Germany even if not one of them is playing for Real Madrid. I would not grieve over Argentina qualifying though I'd be happier if Germany gets the ticket. Paraguay and Spain will also face off tonight with much anticipation for my team. Paraguay's defense helped them qualify this long in the tournament so La Furia Roja's tiki-taka will prove to be a good challenge on both ends. My body practically imposed a siesta early with my constant thoughts for the two upcoming matches that will strain my sleep cycle again. But hey, this event is held quadrennially even if I also have to wake up at ungodly hours when I watch La Liga matches nonetheless, World Cup has more significance. I miss Real Madrid terribly so though.

My Portugal - Spain World Cup match download is complete! Good diversion before Argentina - Germany. Too bad the commentators aren't English.

No comments: