22 July 2010

Shitload

What's with the new generation gagging for the sake of posterity? I'm not begrudging them of anything personal but I wonder what kind of life they're after once they beget their whelps. Haven't they even heard of the term career advancement or even post-graduate studies? It's not as poisonous and onerous as one might think to achieve. I can't even think why folks who are itching for the fuck of their lives could not even use contraceptives to save their arses. I doubt half of them are even planning to plunge deep into parenthood at the age of 18. It's not like they have enough support/maturity (psychologically, the most significant) of any kind to ensure that their children will have a proper life when they grow up. And pundits keep asking why the country's in a constant debilitating state. Fuck the church for standing their ground on banning contraceptives. Excuse me, this isn't a first-world country where teenagers have other outlets to focus on other than the usual wretched life, vices, peer pressure and piss poor grades in college. The adults themselves couldn't stop from breeding like the common dogs, what makes the adolescents all the better with that kinds of example? That rant sprouts from the recent news of my high school friend tying the knot in October because she got knocked up. Well, good for her and her kind. But then again, she's one of the persons I know who's hell bent on having a boyfriend since high school that it's no big surprise to hear that. I call that lacking enough aspirations in life. It's not like motherhood stops by the age of 26, for chrissake. It's practically futile to wish for the country's progress when there's enough problem to drown Luzon in 3 seconds flat.

Anyway, I'm practically being cajoled by the recent movies I've been watching on the bus. First, there was Indiana Jones and the Lost Crusade which I could vouch for the pure awesomeness and perfection of Harrison Ford and Sean Connery's father-and-son tandem. It left me laughing at every turn. Then there's The Last Airbender which I never was a fan although my sister and dad were. Saw the first twenty minutes or so and actually thought it might be a fun filled movie since I've no expectation on the storyline itself. Plus Robin Hood starring Kevin Costner. Alan Rickman's the sole factor why I'm determined to download the movie. Costner's just a second prize although the comedy factor is a big boon. I think it's also a fluke that I downloaded Mr & Mrs Smith again which as it turned out, an unrated/uncut version; I'm definitely going into hermit mode in my room to watch that later.

No comments: