25 December 2009

Jotting it down

As much as it will pain me no to have financial support come January 2010, there's an upside to it: I will have time (again) to read. I can reason out that maybe not since I already have a new laptop and parting from it even for a day can be too difficult but no, when I'm stuck at home for the whole day with nothing to do, I tend to lean towards the bookshelf. I have several books waiting to be finished and I believe I'll have a better motivation now that I have what I need.

I invited Beth for the AFP Day, with parade and the silent drill until I realized it was too hyped and nothing special happened except if you can call seeing the President pass by you just a few metres away. I got my mug which has a pretty long hairline crack on it so I plan to ask someone (particularly some officers who obviously don't need those) to trade theirs with mine.

There's no official announcement for a renewal of our contracts nonetheless, I won't sign again so that's about it. I'm sure they can find new folks to fill our positions. I'll miss my division, they're absolutely a brilliant group but there's no love lost for me and the other civilian employees. They can rot until their retirement age for all I care. This little stunt also cleared my perception on government work. Sure, they're lenient, they have perks but the people are a big no to me. I'd rather go back to a private company for awhile and besides, I need better pay if I really plan to enroll for a master's degree already.

No comments: