12 December 2009

Beyond indolence

It's long overdue but I had a great time meeting up with KD last Saturday for a dinner. Zena couldn't come on the supposed Sunday trip due to her homework so I had it rescheduled to Saturday which is okay; I got the chance to scour around St. Francis and buy some office clothes. We dined at Gotti's, a new restaurant at Megamall Atrium. The food is lovely and the prices are awesome. I brought Richard there last Wednesday because I couldn't stop thinking about their Arrabiata pasta.

Oh and really many thanks to Richard who finally saw my missing Stylus (lost it on his birthday at Alliance's library), a lovely poster of Matt Bellamy (accompanied with an excited shriek) and the subtitles for Walk on Water which was the spur of the moment while he was nosing through Gitano. Megamall's wifi is pretty decent especially around the Atrium; if you're interested to know that is.

Despite my continuous effort to know the limitation of stipend especially when Chard and I already planned to see Fantastic Mr. Fox at Glorietta on Monday, I suddenly grew some guts and bought pumps at Crossings. It's beyond comprehension why I purchased it. It might be a product of frustration when I couldn't find a size 7 for the flats I saw at St. Francis Square. Or that I really wanted those grey pumps at Charles and Keith. Cors placated me that the shoes I bought are already pretty cheap for it's style. Nonetheless, I have to mourn for the loss of more than a grand for it. Then I got to buy several undies when I dropped by SM Fairview last night; nearly bought that dark blue sleeveless shirt. Jesus Christ. Spare me. I don't know what will happen to my Christmas bonus when it lands on my greedy hands. I plan to enroll on French class again but from the way I spend at the moment, I doubt the plan will materialize.

On the current status of my in limbo muse, I can say that it's a small but good improvement that I'm able to write a few unfinished drabbles/fanfictions since last month. I don't have the stamina of before that I can finish a story in one sitting. I want to experiment and see if I can do that in another environment, preferably a library but seeking one near the area is futile. A coffee shop in a mall can be a second choice but the amount I have to spend before I can get a couch and act all yuppie and self-righteous is too adulterated already.

That said, if anyone can point me to a free for visitors library around Quezon City or even Manila, put in some suggestions. I would love to visit them.

---

The whole OJ1 went to PAGCOR yesterday afternoon to watch the highly acclaimed (who acclaimed it?) Flow, the next big production after the successful Wonders. I had no idea what it was about although some of my officemates and even Beth knew. It's a mix between musical and acrobatics. I've always hated watching the circus or any kind of production that includes strenuous body activities. No pun intended. Seriously, I guess it's part of the keen eye I have that makes me nervous when I see straining hands and legs. I go into scientific mode, analyzing too much body flexibility and resistance, and the taunting gravity. It's lovely though, a good performance for kids and worth the ticket price (around P 1,500) if you have the money to spare.

Fun will be non-existent when Monday comes as we go into overdrive in preparation for the PDR General Assembly which will be held on Tuesday. Good luck to my body's immune system.

No comments: