20 December 2009

Do a Landa*

Everyone is alighting the jeepney.

I step out, but not before my right slipper was tripped by someone behind me.

"Sorry." The woman says half-heartedly.

I glance sideways and grunts, "You should be."


I rarely snap, but when I do, I crack the whip. When a forty-ish something woman spews tribulations of the world and how uneducated some cocky girl on the opposite end of the seat is, one will tend to ignore the tripe and prove to their likes that retaliating will only show otherwise. In behalf of levity, it's downright funny. The woman had to stomp her way towards the farthest seat from me and serve her homily for several long minutes before it even passed by my senses that all her hate was directed at me.

Ah, life. I love the abnormalities of Filipino ethos.

*Cross-posted at LJ

2 comments:

chard bolisay said...

where's the LJ? hehe

Fancykidshooting said...

Secret! Mahuhuli mo lahat ng bisyo ko!