26 December 2009

Instrumentality

I'm finally done with the series and the OAVs of Neon Genesis Evangelion after two days. I want to write something about the anime since it has been one of the landmarks of my teenage years. It was first aired on a local TV network and seeing the complexities and psychological aspects of the series, no wonder it didn't click well with children. It is not meant for the children, in the first place. The characters, like Anno-sensei exclaimed, are too twisted and sick to be understood in a shallow manner.

In relation to watching the series, I should download some scores from Pachelbel. I don't have much of his works in my collection aside from his musical scores used on Eva which I find very alluring. I should also get something of Bach, I've been in love with Suiten fur Violoncello for years.

The BBC Horizon episodes I have downloaded for several weeks are already waiting to be watched. I might keep them in the dark until January. Going jobless will result to complete and utter boredom and I can see that my soon to be daily schedule would be either watching the episodes or reading one book after another.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep; continuous late nights have finally taken its toll on me.

No comments: