19 August 2009

Partial resistance

I dropped by the office last week only for them to drop a bomb on me. As it turned out, a senior employee walked up to me and calmly inquired if I would be interested to re-apply in the company under another department. To say I was flabbergasted would be quite apt since from what I had reasoned out, I resigned in the first place to look for another career and start anew, not enjoy a 2-week vacation and come back as a converted employee. Admittedly, the offer has the telltale signs of spark and interest since the position would assure a constant challenge per project and the unending writing of reports. Sure, I had said in the end as I submitted my updated CV and would welcome an interview any time despite the steadfast notion of not considering the opportunity as a priority. Obviously. I would be not half crazy to join them in the blink of an eye. Unfortunately, not many offers are flying towards me. It can be blamed to the fact that I lost the aggressive drive to apply online after the 2nd week of unemployment. It would be nice to get my civil service result already and properly woo NCMH for a position.

Richard and I were chatting about our respective so-called careers when he asked if I was seriously considering things based on the formation of a career. Technically, I would agree with it. It would be a terrible waste if I swivelled towards another career veering off my major since in the first place, I adore psychology. I adore it so much I would suffer the lack of air-conditioning and the pungency of wards if it meant I will learn how to interpret Rorschach. It doesn't matter if I wasted 2 years of my life proofreading reports from day 1. However, turning towards a new career would not be so bad if I am agreeable towards it. Who wouldn't? By the time I submitted my resignation letter and had released a big sigh of relief it dawned upon my pathetic self that what others said were true: money cannot buy you happiness. In my case, by the remaining days of my employment back then even a 100% mark up on my salary would not have made me wary of my ultimatum. It's a powerplay between earning a satisfying bunch of moolah and achieving the satisfaction your mind's exigency.

That said, I'm still stuck jobless and dead broke.

No comments: