19 May 2010

Flow with the go

Reaching home never fails to drain the remaining energy I have for the day. I often stack up work-related plans after dinner with the strong assumption of finishing tasks. Then I lie down for a few minutes and my body's too exhausted to eat dinner let alone take a quick shower. I dropped by at the mall to buy a new notebook for my notes on the project. Using a steno pad drives me mad and I'm not too keen on using the left over filler notebooks at the office for note taking; just imagining it crumpled state in my bag makes me flinch bigtime.

Yesterday was spent visiting the testing centers. I had to ride with Sir A while the other team members rode separately. Technically, lunch had consisted of pansit and pizza (a weird but effective combination); the folks were happy chowing but I wasn't but then I was too lazy to protest that I want to eat something heavier than 2 slices of pizza and a small plateful of pansit. Sir A dragged us to Starbucks where I had to sulk with a bottled iced tea and a cloying cake. Eventually, we were done with the visits earlier than expected and we were off homebound. Sir A agreed to drop me at Philcoa against his way home to Katipunan. So a big thanks to him. Oh and my boss and I managed to live with each other for nearly a day without resulting to too much awkward moments; chatting and socking the project and the people part of it most likely helped. Good to know I'm not the only one seeing the absolute shortcomings of the personnel involved.

I'll start foraging for the details of a spreadsheet containing 4000 entries that needs to be sorted out before item analysis can proceed. I've asked Beth again for help--something I'm relying way too much, I should never have nicked that 200 bucks from her--so here's to hoping we can finish the checking by tomorrow afternoon.

Football update: David Villa transfers to Barcelona for 40 million, and half the Madridista population wails at the unfair situation. A year ago, my love was a hairline's close to signing up for Real Madrid but Perez decided he was more interested in Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo so there goes my dream. Adam mentioned he would've sacrificed Higuain for Villa, and I can partially say I'd be open to that deal if I get my head around the fact of a heavy duty compromise. I think I'm going to grieve for Villa's loss to the other side once I see him bearing that godforsaken shirt. Oh yeah, pure fluke that I got the latest Real Madrid shirt at an ukay-ukay this weekend. It's pretty big for my frame so it's going to settle in my cabinet for the rest of its remaining days. And yes, I kissed the crest.

No comments: