13 March 2010

Nothing's new here

Rotating blackout my lovely arse, you fuckers. Our part of the town suffered an agonizing, heat drenched six hours of restless sleep just because all powerplants were lacked reservoir. Were they just informed about el nino yesterday? It did not help that I had to wake up at an unholy hour today just to request for recommendation letters from former professors.

It also really did not help that Dr. Ravara had to rebuke/discourage me for wasting my time applying for a master's degree in French; not that I can blame her, too. For all I care, I picked that course because 1) UP doesn't offer a master's degree in clinical psychology; 2) UP's the nearest and most decent school in proximity to my house; and 3) I'm in a desperate search for a hardcore motivation. And that's not something that can be easily expressed in my application letter to the office. I'm trying to be sincere with this master's issue, but I'm taking a piss in choosing a course I'm ambivalent about, and I'm not the least disturbed by it. Anyway, plan B is to seriously apply for a clinical degree. That would be my cul-de-sac after getting a reality check with this farce of a master's.

Anyway, off to football. A quarter of my mind is lamenting a week late after Real Madrid's loss (aggregate 1-2) against Lyon. That officially kicked the team out of the CL. Now their only hope is getting the La Liga title. I want to take chances and get myself thoroughly involved with the sport, but the time difference kills off the mood. Always. I can barely make it through a mental cheer up of waking in the wee hours of the morning to set up my laptop, and watch a two-hour coverage of a game. I'm a disappointing Madridista.

Viewfinder is now licensed. A one hell of a downer for this week, too. The funny thing though is I have all the latest chapters of the manga yet I live off on the fanfictions for the fandom. I've mostly built my knowledge of Viewfinder through these. Having the manga licensed means no more scanlations, and officially saying goodbye to the series. Sure, I can get updates when a new chapter comes up, but that hardly constitutes the satisfaction of having a copy of the chapter for yourself. I can understand the point of the LJ comm moderators' take on the good news--sensei worked hard for this; mangakas never get much; etc. But it's not like every country has a regular supply of mangas from Japan. I live in a moribund debilitated country, for heaven's sake. Mangas would be the last thing on the minds of Bureau of Customs to handle. Not that I'm crying injustice for this. It's not something worthy to tackle because everything's kosher now. I'm all just going plaintive with these events.

And it seems that the gist of this godforsaken post is to merely emphasize my lackluster drive to live to see another day. I'm all too sick of this, and I doubt listening to fifteen variaties of Canon will make the dull ache go away.

No comments: