02 February 2010

Bleach meme

I'm taking this meme from [info]thewickednix although I twisted it a bit so it'll be based on Bleach rather than Harry Potter.

01. The first character I fell in love with:
Kuchiki Byakuya. He's the tall, dark, brooding, handsome type I usually like in anime characters.

02. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now:
Probably Ichigo. I've come to consider him as a protagonist who has far better characterization than someone like Naruto. The comparison is unfair, but considering both animes are downright famous, based on adventure and both sporting blond hair are kind of a deal for me. Ichigo has the talent but he is not drowning in his hero complex. Sure, he became Shinigami to protect his family but he's not one to blabber about being the best. He still has his shortcomings and one of the best part, I think despite being too minor in general, is being an honour student. That's pretty much a good reputation to boot with his busy schedule as a Shinigami and all that hoopla.

03. The character (most) everyone else loves that I don't:
Inoue Orihime. You can say I'm a bit of a feminist but it seriously irks me that she acts all too dumb for someone with a decent and unique power at hand. She's too blinded by her childish attraction to Ichigo that all she can do is rant about her worries. Her crush is all blown out in the manga, a reason why I stopped reading it for awhile.

04. The character I love that everyone else hates:
Hitsugaya Toushirou, I guess. I'm not yet familiar with the fans' inclinations towards characters but I know a couple of friends who aren't at ease with him. I actually like the 10th squad captain's personality. He's famous for being dubbed as tensai by gaining the captain status at an early age. Everyone was intent on either saving Rukia and Aizen snooping around in the Soul Society arc while Toushirou was the only one who had a clear head all in all in to have speculations and suspicions enough to crack Aizen's plans.

05. The character I used to love but don't any longer:
Rukia. At first, I was all cool with her because she's not the damsel in distress female character until the Soul Society arc. I hate that she had to result to self-pity while being locked in the tower. Self suffering has always been a big load of bull for me. She thinks she doesn't deserve Ichigo's help when we all know Ichigo has his pride and he owes her bigtime. I've noticed her going a bit too soft for my own liking since recently, she's either being helped by Byakuya (Bounto arc) and now with Arrancar arc she was stabbed dead on by Grimmjow because she was too busy nagging Ichigo to run and save his goddamn arse. I just hate that. She faded from being a mentor to Ichigo to a leading lady type who cannot stop being a motherhen.

06. The character I would shag any time:
Aizen Sousuke in his evil Superman form. Aren't we all for bad, genius, handsome guys? Stopping Ichigo's bankai with a finger and barely blinking to fully incapacitate a captain earn his big brownie points.

07. The character I want to be like:
Yoruichi. She's the only female character I can really stand to a full extent. She has the strength and confidence to fight and she's not going to scream for help, burst into tears or wallow in self pity if she ever got a fatal wound or got dumped by a boyfriend. Bonus for being the shunpo champion against Byakuya since time immemorial.

08. The character I'd slap:
Oh many. I'd slap Ichigo for being too immature and relying on a woman to force his knees not to buckle under pressure. Rukia and Orihime can go dig their own graves for all I care.

09. A pairing that I love:
Byakuya/Ichigo no matter how much of a crack pairing they may be. It's simply inspiring to see several emotions pass on Byakuya's face because of Ichigo. I also like several pairings like Shuuhei/Kira, Shunsui/Jushiro, Aizen/Gin, Isshin/Ryuuken, etc. With the variety of characters popping in every arc, there's a variety of new pairings that are emerging so it will be endless.

10. Two pairings that I hate:
Ichigo/Rukia. Understandably, Ichigo's still in the identity crisis period but jeezus, it might as well be considered that Ichigo's going to be a shirt lifter by the time he gets twenty. On Rukia's defense, I think it's all a residual guilt from her experience with Shiba Kaien whose personality resembles Ichigo's spot on.

Byakuya/Rukia. Jesus christ, seriously. I know Hisana looks a lot like Rukia (a seriously twisted part on Tite Kubo or he lacked imagination that time) but I think Byakuya has enough moral to not pass his adoration from one sister to another. It's a pairing worthy of a series of facepalms and I'd rather read Byakuya/Renji any day versus that trash.

11.Favourite character:
Byakuya. For being all noble and all he has enough burdens from the past that would make him a candidate for a psychological genre. He can suit himself fine in X/1999 I guess, just like Subaru. All quiet, jaded and strong. He's the type I won't have any problem dissecting their past.

12. My six favourite characters:
Kuchiki Byakuya, Zaraki Kenpachi, Shihoin Yoruichi, Urahara Kisuke, Kyouraku Shunsui and Kurosaki Ichigo.


13. My five least favourite characters:
Orihime Inoue, Kuchiki Rukia, Soutaicho (he's got a long name), Tousen Kaname, Soi Fong.

14. Which character I am most like:
I can't see myself having similarities with the characters.

15. My deep, dark fandom secret:
The romantic aspect of Bleach is a big, flat, useless aspect on the story. I really have no inclination of giving it consideration until the next lifetime. It's just that, knowing that the action manga originally is meant for teenage boys, it is rather safe to say that the callow crushes give a bad side of Bleach. I'd rather stick to how to stop Aizen, please.

No comments: