27 September 2010

Backwards

Out of impulsion in the middle of a personal financial crisis I find myself at National Bookstore this afternoon plucking a Sherlock Holmes Vol I on the shelf and buying it before it even grasped my mind. That's what I get from getting off from work early. Bored and out of sorts. That makes Measure for Measure sidetracked again. Too bad I was on the brink of determining what's up with the stick up Angelo's arse and Claudio's faith in his sister's holy powers. The latter story made me think of He's Beautiful--kind of same plot ,yes? Brother's in trouble so sister's off to save the day.

Now I really have to push Yvette to feed me an early Wednesday dinner because we still got 3 more tests to conquer before proper lecture and reporting starts. I'm quite wondering too if the school had classes earlier since there was some riot this weekend. Not my problem unless it affects our classes again and rescheduled. I miss psychopatho and I miss my prof. Just met him once but I'm quite sure he's a cool prof and I'll learn tons from him. I'm not one to have a crush on my prof but if it's consoling, he's gay so obviously, I don't have the right equipment to dangle in front of him for seduction.

No work tomorrow at the office means work at home and some form of discipline. Oh before that, already done with Hard-boiled Wonderland, finally. It has its quirks and brief flashes of genius but I still prefer Kakfa over it. I do wonder though if Murakami's novels are often a composition of parallelism. He's a brilliant writer but not enough at the moment to be considered a favourite. Marquez still tops and probably Eco after. Anyway, work will be quite tedious tomorrow. I have to polish the draft for assessment report (love to call it ass report, pun intended), adjusted work breakdown structure, rough draft of the minutes from this morning's meeting and the survey tally. Quite many but viable if solitude is with me.

No comments: