18 September 2010

Funked

At last I was in the brink of a panic thinking I won't be able to get my salary by the end of the work day. Good thing the boss was in a good mood. That means I get to have enough sustenance again to last me a week at most before I go crawling after Beth to leave me a trickle of my savings into my hands. At the very least, I get to pay what I owed my savings in oneshot, I think. I went straight to Megamall to buy a new battery for my Swatch; it's fortunate that it's still working after years of it's battery dying out on me and leaving it for dead in my cabinet. I had it done with some glass polishing so it looks pretty decent for a 5-years old watch. My Timex though which is just 3 years old is good as dead. They say it's the machine and it will cost 600 bucks to repair it. No way then. I'd better save enough moolah to buy a flic flac or something. Then something good but weird happened; in that fateful sense. I went to the food court and bought some meager dinner when I practically bumped into Zena and her older sister, the latter my ex-professor back in college. The absolute surprise came at the thought of I had nearly sat at a table a few metres away when I decided to change location, and at the same time Zena nearly dragged her sister to another lane only to be pulled back to continue in the same path where we eventually met. Got myself a treat of scrabble for dessert and funny stories from Zena's older sister who had worked at Dubai a few years back. We parted after an hour since they were still in the process of transferring to a new house; Zena's still pondering how to get her cat to stay at the new place despite their landlord's ultimatum of no pets allowed. I loitered around the mall for a few more minutes before I went home to be welcomed by an onslaught of ala Ondoy downpour. I wasn't in my right mind when I had decided to skip the tricycle in favor of walking only to arrive at home with practically my shirt only half dry.

I still have to go to school tomorrow, bugger it. I just wish it wouldn't rain by morning. Heaven knows what kind of hell it is to bring a laptop half your weight even a few metres away from the house. I'm off to meet my classmates to work on the group assignment and get my ID as well. Apologies if I can't even bare to think of the first session with both my classes this week. I'm just too drained to even make fun of it. Ah, I should email my psychopatho prof to give me e-copies of journals now.

No comments: