03 October 2010

Grasping, gasping

It's just about three months before 2010 ends but I still end up buying another mini planner for the year. Those pocket-sized planners for Papemelrotti have served their purpose since my college days. I had failed to look for one a few months back so I got stuck with the Book of Days--another planner only with with the dates and not days. It's quite taxing to place my activities without having a single view of each month and since I'm now mixing work with school, I opted to buy another one. 2011 Moleskin planners are out; quite interested in them but from the compact, quite thick detail of it I'm not even sure I should spare bucks for that. Last time I bought a page-per-day planner I had used just one page and now collecting an inch of dust in my cabinet.

A last minute agreement with Mannel and Hannah had us meeting up at the mall this early evening for Mannel's birthday dinner treat and high school news. Had a great time chatting up with them and our deranged batchmates. Seriously, practically everyone from my HS batch are either with child or went into a late identity crisis. Napoli Pizzeria is still as disappointing as ever; I'm quite guilty of not deflecting Mannel's recommendation because my hunger pangs would agree to anything edible. As for Olay's wedding, it came such a big surprise to see my name high up on the invitation; and here I thought I would merely be a sightseer. For one, I've never liked ceremonies of any kind and I don't think I've ever been to a decent wedding for more than two decades of my life. And I'd rather not start now, isn't it? There's also the chance of me having remedial classes on that date (just two weeks from now, jfc) and it's not something easily skipped. We took a last ditch effort to check for a wedding gift, duplication of the item be damned, and settled for a midget ricecooker that's decent enough for a starting family.

Anyway, work's still the same. My contract will end by the 31st and I'm quite sure I'd be extended to the year's end. I won't have much say on accepting it because I will for my savings. Heaven knows how much uni will price for next term's assessment with all the bullshit related miscellaneous. I'm stuck on how to present the survey on the proposal paper though. Quite complicated since each category has both essay and multiple choices. I'll have to device of something effective by tomorrow or I'll be doomed with my own deadline on the 8th. Dang.

Xmarks formerly known as Foxmarks is shutting down or rather, turning into a capitalist state where one has to pay $10 yearly for their services. Needless to say, tons of people are having their big 'no' on this including me who barely can allocate spare change to have my LJ upgraded into a paid account (just for the purpose of more icons). I've turned towards Firefox Sync which is pretty decent except that it won't have any online backup access of my bookmarks. I took the time to import it to Delicious though I'm not happy with their services, but merely for the purpose of importing data to Pearltrees. It seems though with the bulk of my bookmarks, Pearltrees is having a hard time with it. So I'm in a limbo with my bookmarks. It's a devastating blow to my online resources to have Xmarks going exclusive so I'm still in search for a good alternative. I don't need those social networking options on my bookmarks add on, thanks very much.

No comments: