05 August 2010

Stoked

There's a borderline between an elegant and ostentatious wedding. You haul half the guests around Manila for the preparations, wedding and the reception, I doubt even your in-laws would be happy about that. To think that you also live a miserable life since elementary days that you drag a college mate as the maid of honor just because you have this coloured view of abusing her for pathetic requests of call credits. Seriously, are you gagging for the marriage because you cannot wait to be enslaved to a nitwit of a man or because you're salivating at the idea of living in the States? Either of the two is a wretched decision. And since you're aiming it to be your wedding and not you and your fiance's wedding, then you also made sure that you'll invite half the socialites/trying hard in the class to flaunt your feathers. And your wedding gown is more than 50 grand? I hope your future husband won't find himself working to the bones the day after your ceremony to pay for the debts you're intent to busting.

Anyway, that's what you get for chatting with Yvette whom I haven't seen for more than a year. We live at the opposite sides of the metro and we circulate with different peers so the pinnacle of gossip and family drama are uncensored. I had fun eating to my heart's content at Tokyo Tokyo in Glorietta 5, which I have to emphasize their beyond the moon sucktastic service; why did they even bother doing the formal dining setting if they're doing it half baked? And because I'm still high for mango bravo, dessert was at Conti's--a conio version of Goldilocks, I swear. I hate the ambiance because half the city is dining there and you cannot hear each other's voices because the other table's occupants are simply raucous in their suits and bootlicking. Well at least I won't have to pester Yvette for the next 6 months to meet up and chat. Next one would be Margz, I suppose, for next Saturday and unless Yen decides to push for a party the same day, then we might as well join the gang to save a penny or two.

I seriously was looking forward to scout around Makati's bookstores for Ender's Game series. I've scoured 3 bookstores, 7 branches to no avail. It's beyond hope, I'm falling in a depressed state. I got sick and tired of hearing them say 'out of stock'. It's the only book I'm really willing to lose sleep over at the moment. Powerbooks and Fully Booked both offered to get me a special order but that's going to be a waste of money if I didn't get the complete series when it'll be shipped from abroad. My last chance will be SM Fairview  since half the populace around the area are cavemen. I got Edith Hamilton's Greek Mythology as a consolation price though. I've had this book before, but like some of my books it disappeared into thin air. I was in the middle of reading the Trojan War when went it went MIA on me. But I'm stuck with Hard-boiled Wonderland until then.

~

The brilliance of August aside from the downpour is the football season nearing its kick off! Real Madrid had their first friendly for the 2010/2011 campaign this afternoon against Club America Mexico (weird club name) with a 2-3 deal. It's orgasmic to see the players in white again after all the drama during the World Cup! And just so, I terribly missed seeing Granero, who played brilliantly in the game. BB Guti (aka Sergio Canales) scored the first goal, and what a way to seal the deal for Mourinho, no? It's amazing and exhilarating to see the Castilla players having a chance to show their talent in the second half. Honestly, it was too hot and the game was a tad boring in the first half, which made me watch it half heartedly. I also noticed that Cristiano Ronaldo seemed less diva like in the pitch with his dying swan stunts. Good call for him after all the negative reputation he's been getting ever since. I'm excited for their friendly versus LA Galaxy! OMG it's David Beckham vs Iker Casillas. Ah the Becksillas era still shines through. I cannot wait.

No comments: