21 January 2010

Left or right

God, this is a bad one. I've been grateful to myself and the powers that be that I'm back to reading which makes my brain run a bit faster despite its rusty cogs. I've loaned and pleaded with friends and acquaintances to donate books for my charity case. I'm reading two books at the same time, something which is not part of my reading discipline. I am happy. I am content. But noooo, the powers that be decided that today, I was too bored to turn off the laptop a tad too early even if I've been blankly staring at Google's homepage for several minutes until a Zoro/Luffy comment made me look for the 138th episode. My stupid self got amazed that hey! there's a website solely dedicated to the manga and anime of One Piece and up to the 400th something anime episode! I scrolled down and saw affiliated websites and voila! Bleach has gripped me by the oesophagus enough to choke me to watch the first episode and the slow fire of lust for another anime is building up to be a conflagration. And fuck it all, I cannot stop myself. My patience cannot stand the fact that my ISP's bandwidth cannot withstand a torrent download, a video buffering and a manga page downloading so I'm all going ballistic here writing something to assuage my unquenched hunger. Fuck, the animation is lovely as hell because come on, it's the first time I've seen an anime with more yuri potential (with all those androgynous faces; you can start with Kuchiki Rukia, all right) and it's a big time out from CLAMP-like animes.

So you know? Goodbye The Sopranos, you're first up in the long queue of Collect-Dust-Till-Kingdom-Come along with the other books I have prepared. It's bad enough I feel ashamed when I see them, but it will become worse if I can't get past the first ten episodes of Bleach, which has more smashing material than any of Naruto's adolescent aspirations laid out. After all, Itachi's long dead and my Uchicest fandom died with him; unless Sasuke's into necromancy leading to necrophilia, then that's another story.

No comments: