07 January 2010

Detached

I fail to recognize why sleep passed me by last night until the wee hours of the morning. Granted, one in the morning is still rather late than early but I'm beyond exhausted mentally and physically that I'm literally stumped in bed last night. Twisting and turning, and listening to Muse for the sake of gaining some inspiration in writing a review merely extended my sole conscious existence inside the house. Could it be the philosophical diversion on whether the physics skin and water contact every other day be relevant to my dilemma last night? I'm not sure, though I'm adamant on the new tradition. After all, water conservation is the key. Or so AIM say back then, and look at their olfactory-challenged students.

Reading and enjoying The Hound of the Baskervilles makes me giddy in success. After all, it's not everyday I binge on reading especially for the past year or so. Being naturally wary perhaps took out the initial sense of adventure in reading a crime-mystery story. In short, I kept doubting every person Holmes and Dr. Watson acquainted with. Sherlock Holmes' personality immediately purports a highly intelligent, critical and standoffish man. He takes pleasure in riddles that plague his genius and several times gives approbation when due of Dr. Watson and rescind it to a sketch that leads to more of his discovery. I sympathize with Dr. Watson; he's loyal and intrepid, but still dependent on his partner's aptitude in ironing the edges. Dr. Mortimer strikes me as a dubious person considering his amicable and unambitious demeanour; Stapleton's too charming and invitingly cheerful disposition ticked my curiosity. I hunched that his so called sister has a far more platonic relationship with him. It's an exhilarating novel without the excessive opportunity to strike and detail what is more than necessary. Therefore, I like Doyle's plots and plot telling skills.

I can consider that reading this is somewhat a preparation for watching the movie adaptation however, I loaned the second volume of Sherlock Holmes nearly six months ago after my first transition to the jobless era. I took pleasure in several pages of the novel but switched without any justification I can recall to reading John Berendt.

Now I'm off to watch for Voltaire's Candide on ebay.ph. No one has placed a bid yet and I'm pretty assured that no one is going to buy it.

No comments: