29 November 2009

Racing towards the end

It is the first of the two death defying, thrilling, more than a century old tradition of El Clasico for the 2009/2010 season. If you're not a football fan I expect a blank face, but for those who grew up watching the beautiful game you would know what I'm talking about. FC Barcelona and Real Madrid will clash--the heaven may not move and mountains may not tumble but for the fans who have always adored either of the teams, this is going to be a rough night ahead. The media fanfare surrounding this Battle of the Titans started a week ago and even the moderators of ontd_football on Livejournal already handed out a caveat about El Clasico posts swarming around the community. Adam's RealmadridTalk blog provided an illuminating preview on the match with an all out Barcelona fan and blogger. The sharing of ideas is good enough to see both team's struggles and status quo. I agree with Adam though that every expectation will be blown away by the unpredictability of fate and luck merging when it comes to El Clasico.

Everyone knows Real Madrid is not the favourite, nor are they really ready for this but everyone's got to face it one way or another. It's got enough disadvantage that most are already expecting a defeat even before the starting whistle is blown, the fact that it's an away game for Real Madrid is all the tougher. The humiliating 6-2 win last season was enough to push the club's administration for an overhaul resulting a comeback from Florentino Perez and the second coming of the Galacticos. Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka battling it out with Messi and Ibrahimovic might be the highlight of the match. I already am halfway to the expected defeat but I'm still clinging to that hope that Pellegrini's team can make it through the battle, bloodied and bruised but not altogether broken. After all, Perez ensured that the new team will have the best.

Since last night, I've been having trouble accessing Adam's blog, JustinTV and ebay.ph for no apparent reason for a non-techie person like me. I installed tons of add ons including NoScript and AdBlock Plus; assuming that they are the reason for my connection problems, I uninstalled them. I googled around and posted twice on forums to get ideas and even roused several friends online to see if they can access what I cannot. In the end, my suspicions of the ISP running amok was supported by a forum monger. I've chalked it up to calling Smartbro's customer service, suffering more than 20 minutes of waiting for get a live help only to have a shake of the head and a promise to file a report about the inaccessible websites. According to the CSR, I have to monitor for 24 hours on my connection. That's 24 hours too late to watch El Clasico. I'm past the hyperventilating stage. I'm past the white hot anger. But I'm not past the tension that awaits Real Madrid at Camp Nou. I've decided not to wake up altogether this 2 AM if I really can't find a decent stream for it. I've already exhausted all means to solve this tribulation (indeed) and I'm too exhausted to even cry about it.

That said, to Pellegrini and the team best of luck! Hala Madrid!

No comments: