20 November 2009

El Gitano

Introducing my new baby, Gitano. If you're into football you'll know whose famous moniker is that for. I'm actually not that thrilled to have this after all, I've been pining for a new laptop for almost a year. Good thing my impulsiveness had its use. Margz and I went to Gilmore for this. It was a total boon that the shop upped the memory from 2GB to 4GB. I also got freebies. Bravo.

First week upon purchase, I already had to install 9.04 twice to update to 9.10 seamlessly. I skipped a 9.04 update on the first install so it's mea culpa. I still have a lot of files to transfer after getting copies of my documents and pictures. There's my ongoing torrent downloads and gigabytes of films, concerts and shows stored in Bisyo. This is going to be a tiring weekend.

---

Happy days at the office ended today. Starting next week I'll be drowning in the sea of planning a personnel doctrine. Heaven give me strength for that. Not for the lack of effort on my superiors' side but they fail to recognize that we don't know the military laws like the back of our hands so they can perhaps start explaining the project by starting from step one and not jump in the middle and let luck lead them to which topic they want.

No comments: