22 November 2009

Dash clever

Last Friday, I was absolutely sure traffic would be light because the entire human race would be flocking to the nearest cinema to watch New Moon. How very wrong; I had to stand in the bus from Cubao to Fairview, a feat very rarely encountered even during Fridays. So I thought it was a half-half situation, half of the human race racing to the cinema, the other half racing home to avoid the contamination. Beth, obviously, was one of those squealing fangirls who first got a reserved ticket. I hope she enjoyed the film because when I checked around JustinTV yesterday, New Moon was already playing.

This week is going to be full of birthday celebrants and work at the office. The boss already held a warning that everything will require a high rate of comprehension aka blood and sweat, tears and toil. I just realized, my laptop has been running for nearly 48 hours with just some trivial minutes when I turned it off yesterday to remove the battery and such.

I'm still looking for a really good iTunes alternative so if anyone out there knows a program, do tell. I've already tried Amarok to no luck. Banshee on the other hand, has some features that are not user friendly so I'm back to Rhythmbox.

---

Due to my stupid time calculation, I woke up an hour early this morning for the Real Madrid - Racing Santander match which ended 1-0 joined by 2 offsides. The game was unsatisfactory in behalf of Real Madrid; you can see that their hearts are not into it. Half of the time the match was ongoing, I was either reading fics or checking my torrents. Barcelona, who had a game against Atletico Bilbao two hours after, had a draw. That doesn't mean that should make Real more lax. I'm sure Pellegrini's doing his job but it's high time some improvement in the defense should materialize. Even in the absence of key players. Even the cameras were bored enough to pan the view to Cristiano Ronaldo high up in the stands texting.

The 29th of November is going to be a doomination mostly felt by Madridistas. We're obviously not yet ready; perhaps the second half of El Clasico would bear fruit on our side, but at the moment? We're still crawling around.

No comments: