19 September 2009

What's that?

I really wanted to watch a film or two at Cineuropa it's just that I'm often blinded by indolence and exhaustion after work; I'm not even properly working in the first place so I don't know what it's all about. First week and a few days of employment are so-so. Not too much work and I'm slumping on the table, never mind my bosses walking around seeing me like that. They understand it on a certain degree, my work is seasonal. The food is outrageously on rotation. Every conference is filled with snacks and lunches and merienda and whatnots. If I go to meetings twice or thrice a week continuously, I will be a pig by the end of the month. Good thing Tuesdays and Thursdays are Exercise Days so I will opt for some jogging sessions starting next week.

Last night I met up with Cors and Beth to watch the 9pm film but the gossip swapping segment of our dinner got extended and by the time we went to the ticket booth, the queue was like a John Lloyd - Ruffa fans days affair. Richard informed be about next week's Korean Film Festival which I think has a more low profile advertisement so hopefully there won't be enough school field trips and capitalizing elites trying to fish for pro bono films when they can very well go abroad and get lost there.

As planned, Cors went home by 8:30pm to try and catch for a bus trip back home while Beth and I, seeing the absurdity of the free film decided to stroll around Shangri-la. Or it could be that I dragged her to Kamiseta because they're on sale and I was able to buy a dark blue tunic top using Beth's cash. I still owe her a thousand bucks but I swindled some money again because I lack the cash. Not to worry, I paid her that same night. I'm going to the office in Makati on Tuesday to get my backpay. Finally. After several weeks of hypocritical reasoning of the HR from shortage of cash (oh come on!) to a re-computation I'll finally have my hands on my millions. Let's see how much of a pittance will I get.

No comments: