07 September 2009

Too slapdash

Funny how my libido for blogging only lasted during my unemployment period. That pretty much expresses how fucked up my new job can be. Tomorrow's the big day and I've realized how nasty my new itinerary is. Anyway, last Saturday was a total blast! Shows how much I've missed my buddies. Cors and Beth met up earlier and then I dragged them to St. Francis Square where I squandered two grand on dress pants, a button down shirt and an adorable pair of flats. To top my shopping off, I bought a knitted cardigan at the department store. Now I'm itching for my first pay check no matter how puny it is.

Bigby's, which was referred to me by Aya, had an amazing ambiance. They pretty much lacked an eyeful of menu (they currently got no desserts) and the food was hunky-dory. That goes for the seafood pasta which Cors mentioned tasted similar to palabok to which the four of us unanimously declared that Gumbo's counterpart still reigns supreme; the steak was downright brilliant. The chatter was as vivacious just like always--from the latest gossip at school to this year's disappointment and aspirations. We went to Crepes & Cremes for dessert and parted ways too early for my liking; provided that Cors and Beth live on the other side of the planet so it's pretty understandable. Beth loaned me her Sherlock Holmes vol. II which I plan to read after slowly dissecting Kidnapped (I found it! My grandma kidnapped it); I'm looking for a hardcopy of 1984 (I got an eBook and I can't enjoy it) because Orwell deserves that. On a bright side, I'm through with Eco and it came with a big sigh of relief. It's not everyday that your brain goes down the drain, eh? You can just imagine how ridiculously elated my face was upon briefly scanning Doyle's book and found that I won't have to deal with semiotics and mull over each sentence's correlational dimensions.

Now I'm wondering when I can drop by at the office to get my pittance, oh excuse me, my lovely backpay. As the norm, the personnel's services are shitty beyond comprehension. I don't even have an idea how much of a pittance will it be so I'm guessing most of it will be thrown to books, clothes (my new work is pressuring me about dress codes, merde) and treats.

And lastly, a big happy birthday to my high school buddy Hannah! I miss her. Mannel still owes us, or rather me, a big dinner. I wonder when will that come to pass.

No comments: