13 September 2009

Saving grace

I survived my first week at work with the presence of ennui and Robert Louis Stevenson's aid. That's a given, isn't it? The first week will always be filled with observing and trying to socialize with your new officemates. I'm the hapless lass stuck with nothing much to do and with a building frustration over the poor means of correspondence. That's what irks me the most--I can deal with dilapidated buildings and restrooms and even hollow officemates but not the lack of IT infrastructure. It's maddening! Another onus is the goddamn fucking delayed pay; is it not enough that we're only receiving pittance for an absolutely cheap work? I've got no idea about stenography yet I have to jot down the minutes of the meeting. What surprises me the most is the teeming funds being utilized inside the institution. Every meeting is funded with sustenance, not to mention the quarterly socials that is bombarded with a feast of food and prizes. Why not use those funds to buy new facilities like for IT? It's frustrating! I want to file for resignation already. It's only for the sake of those people who got me in who treated me fair and square that makes me waver. Anyway, it's all fucked up.

The 3rd quarterly social was held last Friday to which I quaffed a bottle of Novelino wine which made me indubitably tipsy due to my inability to hold down liquor. Can I be blamed? I have never drank that much in my entire life; the hunger pangs only forced me to fill my stomach with what's available.

On another note, I was supposed to watch the Espanyol vs Real Madrid match this early morning but had decided to sleep out because it was cold and I thought I can watch a replay. It was a bad decision. Real won by 0 - 3 with Granero (yay!), Guti (whoot!) and Cristiano Ronaldo (ah). Adam provided a link for the match's replay which I had enough patience to finish the first half then switched to YouTube to see the goal highlights. Cristiano Ronaldo's goal is lame! Kaka's assists are brilliant and he's seriously proving that he is worth the moolah. The defense is still bad; without Pepe and Sergio Ramos I think they still lack the knack for defense leadership (I agree with the concrits at RealmadridTalk). I promise myself to watch their match against Zurich though, it's a must! It will be Real Madrid's opening game for the Champions League so work be damned I will get up on Thursday morning. I'm actually thinking of installing Veetle already to facilitate a better match feed.

No comments: