26 February 2011

Something new

Finally bought an external hard drive and let me tell you, it was a huge relief for me and my laptop. I got the 500GB Passport Essential from WD, one of the best in storage according to the internet and perhaps the people around me too. Recently found out two of my bosses and my dad have their own. It's good that it worked right out of the box for Linux and now I'm eyeing the Book Essential 2TB. I know, I know. I really thought 500GB would be enough for me but from the way things are piling up with all the new downloads, it looks like I need a bigger one soon. The 2TB costs around 7k, nearly twice the price of my 500GB but it's going to be definitely worth it. If that happens I need to buy a USB extension hub too.

Just last week I saw this brochure for NEO laptops and looks like it won't be too far in the future to have an internal HDD of 1TB for laptops. The one from NEO had a 640GB HDD. Compared to my measly 130GB, my laptop really is in the oldies generation. But I'd rather wait for the regular pouring of new laptop models than buy a revolutionary one at this point. Who knows what other knick knacks will be added.

No comments: