15 April 2010

Gate is down

It doesn't take a course in rocket science to appreciate the beauty of Ender's Game. It appealed to my perverted imagination how the plot efficiently portrayed a belief in being the master of your own self. I didn't have the time to pity or favor Ender in his plight of denial and futile submission into how he was shaped. The battle school--Card's sole idea that sprouted Ender's Game--reminded me of its parallelism with Lord of the Flies and Battle Royale although Card came up with the thought from Asimov. And honestly, a book has never been this exhilaratingly crafted and magnificent since... probably One Hundred Years of Solitude. I had to drop by at McDonald's near our house to finish the last few pages of the story,  and tackle the introduction because postponing it to morning would be an unforgivable act. Even if it was past one in the morning. So thanks a big bunch to Richard for extending the loan of the book. I really was pressured (haha) to finish it before weekend, but surprisingly the book ran me through easily. It's pretty safe to say that folks who have inclination for anime and manga would totally dig this book. Mind you, Ender's no Heero Yuy or Ikari Shinji but the afflicted denominator lies in them being forced into adulthood at a too young age.

Reunion with French classmates was pretty much a success minus Sherwin who was bedraggled by meetings so late in the night. We tried Mr. Rockefeller at Greenbelt (because they had to make me run from Shangri-la to Makati) with our eyes squinting for the steep prices. It's pretty justified though, the side dishes were brilliant though their pomodoro was a bath away from being pansit palabok. No one's going to beat Cafe Mediterranean for their lamb dishes though. There's a plan for another reunion this time with the goal of leaving our pockets more intact by picking Ma Mon Luk at Quiapo. Sherwin will have to do the honors of the bill haha. Hopefully it will push though or I'll have to drag Beth next week to try the food and buy DVDs.

To my hedonistic school, especially the registrar, if it would be possible to be more responsible in your transactions, hordes of people would appreciate it. Who in their right, sane thinking would assume I did not pass my request letter when they themselves gave me the 7-day turn around time to process it? And don't start with the price of that goddamned honorable dismissal because heaven fucking knows I'll dismiss you all right when don't find that piece of paper.

No comments: