25 December 2010

Looking back


 I'm too high-strung for my own good. Even my psychological assessment made proof of that. In relation to that floppy introduction, I'm quite desperate in getting back to writing because let's face it, it's one of the best catharsis in this universe. I recall having a jolly good laugh at our Clinte class on how impassioned our personal histories came about, which our prof quite understood mostly because work plus post grad studies were an intoxicating mix.

I got to check my Writing folder and prioritized some WIPs. Out of all of them, I'm quite eager to get back to my collaborative fic with [info]marley_station (no promise though, sorry! >_<), a Shika/Neji fic which has been paused since early this year. Admittedly, my passion for Naruto has died along Bleach but I still hold a tiny flame for my OTPs in those fandoms; they got me out of limbo back then, after all. Heaven knows I can't write something decent in this house because there's too many people and I value silence like whoa. I'm still planning where I can get some creative juices brewing (the mall and coffee shops are not my thing). I once thought of going back to longhand writing; I did during my initial years in college then I got my laptop and it all went down the drain. The lack of internet is also a helpful one because my attention span is worse than a ADHD's especially when I get email notifications. Too many external factors. /o\

On another thought, I quite like the idea of [info]kinkme_merlin. If I get my guts up and running, I would love to settle for a prompt. I have tons of prompts mind you, but at this point I don't see any beauty in taking up my own ideas.

If anyone stumbles on this post, what is your personal 'conducive for writing' setting is?

I just got tired of reading too many Merlin fics. I want some respite for my eyes lol.

Merry Christmas, btw! \o/


Cross-posted this from my LJ so don't bother if you already read it there.

No comments: