30 November 2010

Numb

The match was humiliating and frustrating. I could not find a decent stream from the start of the match but it didn't leave my senses assuming from the tweets and comments in my timelines. It was disappointing that from the 25 matches we've won for this season, all of the team's confidence suddenly went out just like that. Hana said we have a Barca Complex--that El Clasico, despite our insistence, is not just another game every season. It's a big one. Real Madrid's pride is partially built on our reputation of outsmarting Barcelona based from the statistics of CL and La Liga trophies alone. But these are all in the past and we've yet to accomplish a final product for all the hardship and discipline we have. I hate that pundits are judging our team and our players by their individual mistakes. Xabi and Sergio's scripted red cards, Sergio's outburst. It's not something my ethics would condone but I know that sometimes it's inevitable and sometimes, you can't win without doing a backflip of a strategy. Wars were never won with a peaceful battle, after all. I could mostly understand the frustration from Sergio's behaviour, who wouldn't react in a similar fashion when you're cornered and unable to fight back.

A coward's way but I'm partially glad that I could not properly watch El Clasico. My emotions run high for ever Real Madrid game and I don't think I would be this calm if I were able to finish the match. It's a boon the team's next game is still far off. It would be a good move to let the prayers cool off for a day then re-group again. I'm sure Mourinho's got enough strategy to get the boys up and running again. He knows how important  El Clasico is, after all.

Why can't I find my Puyol-Raul embrace? Sigh.

No comments: